Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fondue Restaurant

After walking around, Joumana and I were hungry. The hotel had recommended a restaurant that had the best fondue in town. Since we were in Switzerland, it was only natural to have fondue for dinner!

We found the restaurant and went inside. It had a chic clientele and I was afraid I wouldn’t be allowed inside because I was wearing jeans. But there was no problems having a table. The waiters were all nice, except a particular one that had a proud personality.

We would have loved to appreciate the fondue plates we were served. But next to us were sitting two women wearing lots of makeup, who were chain smoking one cigarette after the other. I was sure that the laws in Switzerland didn’t allow smoking in public places, but I guess I was wrong. We ate quickly and left the restaurant, smelling like oil and cigarettes.

We took the tramway back to the hotel. I showered while Joumana tried the spa, and then as we were exhausted, we both went to sleep.

No comments: